Sent by Julie Epp, one of the artists:
AUGUST 14-16, 2015 at Frames Art Warehouse
Friday August 14th
– 6:30 PM Improvising Justice with Churchill Park Improv Crew
– 8:00 PM NOT JUST US Art Exhibition Opening (8 PM to 10 PM)
Saturday August 15th
– Afternoon communal paper mache lamp making
– BBQ in the Alley!
– 8:00 PM Live musical performances by Anna Gutmanis and Justin Lacroix in the Purple Room
– The art exhibition will be open all throughout the day and evening
The ART SHOW WILL RUN TIL AUGUST 23, 2015
“Our community has many experiences of trauma and of hurt that bring us together. In this gathering we seek to have people’s stories how they’d like to tell them be heard, be seen, be felt, and be validated through all forms of communication. The goal of un-silencing voices is to challenge ways in which our voices are so often silenced by deliberately inviting one another to be heard. This event will include a group art exhibition combining the works of emerging and established artists along with works by artists with disabilities and mental illness, live musical performances by Anna Gutmanis and Justin Lacroix, Improvising Justice with Churchill Park Improv Crew, communal paper mache lamp making, and an afternoon BBQ! Supported by 1JustCity, this event seeks to be a space for all and a place to have conversation about how we can work towards building a better Winnipeg together.”
This event will employ a variety of artistic disciplines to explore and showcase personal truths surrounding trauma and mental illness.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.